Rules of Combat – Fighting The Yetzer haRah
1. If the enemy is in range, so are you.
2. The easy way in is always a trap.
3. Professionals are predictable. It’s the amateurs that are dangerous.
4. The enemy invariably attacks on one of two occasions:
§ When you’re ready for them.
§ When you’re not ready for them.
5. If your attack appears to be going well, you have walked into an ambush.
6. If it’s stupid but it works, it isn’t stupid.
7. If it’s brilliant but it doesn’t work, it’s stupid. And you’re dead.
8. When in doubt, use everything you’ve got. It may work. If it doesn’t, you haven’t lost anything you wouldn’t have lost anyway.
9. Anything you do can get you hit – including doing nothing.
10. If it works, keep it. If it doesn’t, discard it. If you decide to keep it anyway, whatever you do, don’t use it.