The Foundation Stone Haggadah: Food For Thought
* Man spends all for a tiny whistle, but in the end it does not blow.” Rav Yisroel Salanter
* At the Pesach table, don’t just read the Haggadah — live it!
* The true intellectual doesn’t just discuss ideas – he lives them.
* Life is fascinating if you try to learn and apply its lessons.
* When told of a man who had acquired great wealth, a wise man replied, has he also acquired the days in which to spend it?” Ibn Gabirol
* The Rabbis tell us that a good question is better than a good answer.
* People often cling to opinions to which they are accustomed from their youth. This prevents them from finding the truth, for they adhere to the opinions of habit.” Rambam, Moreh Nevuchim 1:31
* “May the force be with you,” are the words of a Jewish filmmaker, because “May G-d be with you” is not science fiction.
* No one is more dependent upon others than one who seeks glory.” Rav Yisroel Salanter
* Would you prefer to be richer than you could possibly imagine and forbidden to work, or stay as you are now?
* A person would rather work like a dog to eat, than eat to live like a human being!